Sunday, November 30, 2014

Novena to the Immaculate Conception

Advent, the season of darkness and light is inspiring.  Christmas lights go up and shine so beautifully,  pointing the way to the true light of the world, Jesus Christ.  It is the time of expectation for the coming of Christ.  And just as in the original Advent, Mary was the one chosen by God to bring the Savior into the world, so during this New Advent, Mary points the way to Jesus, who will come again in the fullness of time.  This month we will celebrate the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception, remembering that Mary was created by God for a special and unique mission.  She truly is the Immaculate Conception.  So let us ask her to pray for us, and to lead us all to Jesus, her son.

Prayer of the Novena of the Immaculate Conception

Immaculate Virgin Mary, 
you were pleasing in the sight of God 
from the first moment of your conception 
in the womb of your mother, St. Anne. 
You were chose to be the mother of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. 
I believe the teaching of holy Mother the Church, 
that in the first instant of your conception, 
by the singular grace and privilege of Almighty God, 
in virtue of the merits of Jesus Christ, 
Savior of the human and beloved Son, 
you were preserved from all stain of original sin. 
I thank God for this wonderful privilege and grace 
he bestowed upon you 
as I honor your Immaculate Conception.

Look graciously upon me as I implore this special favor: 
(mention your request).
Virgin Immaculate, Mother of God and my Mother, 
from your throne in heaven turn your eyes of pity upon me. 
Filled with confidence in your goodness and power, 
I beg you to help me in this journey of life 
which is so full of dangers for my soul. 
I entrust myself entirely to you, 
that I may never be the slave of the devil through sin, 
but may always live a humble and pure life. 
I consecrate myself to you forever, 
for my only desire is to love your divine Son Jesus. 
Mary, since none of your devout servants has perished, 
may I too be saved. 
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment